The internet has revolutionized business in the 21st century. Marketers are trying to present information in a simple and engaging way in order to gain the most visibility. One of the most effective content marketing tools used today is infographics. Infographics as a tool for content marketing can be used to present information through visual elements that people better understand.
Infographics can make content that is boring, too lengthy or complicated to be presented in a simple, engaging and brief manner. But before you even begin to use infographics for content marketing, you need to know what entails a good infographics.
What makes good infographics?
A highly effective infographics must have the following elements.
- Has relevant data from reputable sources
- Data presented must be factual
- Has a well chosen color palette
- Had a standard width (an average of 735 pixels)
- Not too long (over 5000 pixels will be too big)
- Answers an interesting question
- Tells a story in an instant
- Uses a clear font
- Uses limited text (as little text as possible)
Simply put, infographics can be used as a very effective content marketing tool because they capture an audience’s attention using data that is rich and tells a story. Let’s look at some good reasons why people choose to market their businesses online using infographics.
Reasons to use Infographics for Content Marketing
Below are 5 good reasons why infographics should be part of your internet marketing campaign.
- Boost website traffic: Infographics can attract people to your website. You can post the infographics on a social media platform like Facebook and have people visit your page for more.
- Search Engine Optimization: Infographics can also be used for SEO purposes. You can use them to get some incoming links to your site. Include relevant links on the infographics which direct website visitors to your web page for more information.
- Boost brand authority: You can use infographics to create more brand awareness. Make sure all your infographics have a logo on them so that people can recognize your brand when it’s shared across the web.
- Create social awareness: We all know that people in social networking platforms prefer visual content to information that is presented in a textual format. That’s why you need to take advantage of infographics and use them to promote your brand on social platforms. You can get new followers and fans on social networks by using this visual content marketing tactic.
- Demonstrate your expertise: most importantly, infographics allow you to demonstrate your expertise in a certain field. You can show your knowledge in certain subject matters and do any research that is related to your industry.
How to use Infographics for Content Marketing
Now that you know how important infographics are in content marketing, the next step is to know how you can incorporate them in your online marketing campaign. Infographics can be a real challenge to develop and market, but you need the experience and expertise in order to succeed. We are going to look at 8 unique ways you can come up with highly effective infographics and how to use them to market your brand online.
- First, always look for the most visually stimulating way of presenting the given data. Bar graphs and charts may not always work. Sometimes you’ll have to use pictures. Think of what the target audience will like and understand without having to read long texts.
- Secondly, make sure your infographics always tell a story. For instance, if it’s talking about a problem, then it needs to have all the solutions backed by data from relevant sources. The story should capture your audience’s attention.
- Always make sure that the information you present on infographics is well researched and reliable. The key is to educate your target audience by giving them something they didn’t know. Make sure the information is not inaccurate or misleading.
- Infographics need to have a good color combination. Make sure the information is presented in a universal theme or color palette that blends with your website. Choose a maximum of 3 color palettes to be on the safe side.
- Think outside the box when developing infographics for content marketing. Don’t just be ordinary and boring. Choose infographics that are creative so that you can make an impact with your audience. Create catchy headings and break up the sections to make the audience easy to follow.
- Get inspiration from some really good infographics that are available out there. Don’t just settle for the boring charts and graphs that everyone else is using. Incorporate some ideas that are out there and come up with something amazing.
- Make sure the infographics are easy to understand and don’t just assume that everyone is familiar with the subject of discussion. Avoid technical jargons and abbreviations that most people don’t understand. The important thing is to present information in a way everyone understands.
- Try and use originally designed graphics and avoid the clip arts that are used by everyone else online. You would rather invest time and money on a single infographics that will have a significant impact than many infographics made by clip arts that are used by everyone.
Marketing your Infographics
Most importantly, make sure you take time to market your infographics so that they reach your target audience. You need to promote your infographics on social media, blogs and other digital marketing platforms. Create infographics for content marketing that your audience will love.